Platinum Sputter Coater
Microscopy and Microanalysis Facility
- Manufacturer: Cressington
- Model: 208HR
- Year: 2009
- Building: 301
- Room: 025
Coats samples with extremely thin film of fine grained platinum to make them conductive, specifically for FESEM analysis.
- Accurate thickness monitor
- Very thin film (2-10µm) of fine grained platinum enables high resolution SEM imaging
- Suitable for x-ray analysis when carbon is being investigated
- Other metal coatings possible if target is available
- Up to 24 stubs can be coated while being rotated at an angle, allowing a more even distribution.