- Location: Microscopy and Microanalysis Facility
- Manufacturer: Tescan
- Model: Mira3 XMU
- Year: 2014
- Building: 301
- Room: 020A
The MIRA is a high performance FE-SEM with an integrated EBSD/EDS system that is capable of ultra-fast diffraction data acquisition. It has significantly increased the capacity for quantitative microstructural analysis in both existing and emergent areas of research.
- High resolution Field Emission Scanning Electron Microsope (FESEM)
- Monochromatic cathodoluminescence.
- SE, BSE, inlens SE and inlens BSE detectors.
- Fast Oxford Instruments EBSD and EDS detectors controlled by AZtec software.
- STEM and EBIC detectors available.
Contact: Zakaria Quadir