Gas Chromatography – Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass Spectrometry (GC-ICP-MS)
WA Organic and Isotope Geochemistry Facility
- Manufacturer: Hewlett Packard (GC), Thermo (ICP-MS)
- Model: 5890 HPLC, Neptune Multicollector ICP-MS
- Room: The instrument belongs to and is located the The University of Western Australian. The WA-OIG Facility has collaborative access to it.
Compound-specific δ34S measurement of organic compounds.
- Organosulfur compounds are separated by GC
- ICP applies a hot plasma to degrade organic compounds into their constituent atoms, including S
- Stable isotopic measurements are made directly on atomic S ions (32S+ and 34S+).
- Only the third such setup worldwide
Contact: Kliti Grice