D8 Discover XRD
X-Ray Diffraction and Scattering Facility
- Manufacturer: Bruker AXS
- Model: D8 Discover
- Year: 2009
- Building: 301
- Room: 203
Power diffraction X-Ray Diffraction (XRD) and optional grazing incidence diffraction (GID) and reflectometry (XR) of thin films.
- Goebel mirror provides intense and parallel beam necessary for XRD work.
- LynxEye detector available for rapid detection.
- In-plane and out-of-plane collection modes available.
- Customised stage allows for an anti-vibration stage and Langmuir trough to be added for films on liquids.
- A laser system can monitor changes in the liquid level during data collection.
- Currently configured for powder diffraction.
- Uses a Cobalt X-Ray tube.
Contact: Matthew Rowles